Saturday, November 15, 2014

First Post: Introduction

Hey. My name's Bryn, and welcome to my blog.

For the rest of November and all of December, I'm going to write an entry each day about Wincon: What it is, why you should come next year, some of my favorite memories, that sort of thing.


Why I'm doing this: I'm trying to get the word out about a small convention that I love called Wincon (http://omgwincon.com/). Wincon has been around for nine years and is hosted in a different city each year (more about our history is at http://fanlore.org/wiki/Wincon). We're a multi-fandom convention celebrating all aspects of geeky life, and we usually average around 100 people a year, but it can be pretty expensive to run a con with a small attendance, so we're looking to expand to around 300 people in 2015. To make sure we can afford the con next year, we've set up an Indiegogo campaign (http://igg.me/at/wincon) so people can order their tickets in advance (a basic weekend pass is $55) and also get other great fandomy perks for other donations. The campaign is running until Jan 5th, but if we don't make our goal, then the convention will be cancelled and all payments/donations will be refunded.
Please, please, please help support this great cause, and keep Wincon alive. I'm willing to do nearly anything, but I'm only one fangirl and I can't fund this convention out of my own pocket, so I need your help. (Seriously guys. I'm willing to shave my head and sell locks of my green hair to reach our Indiegogo goal. Let me know if that's something you'd be willing to pay money to see, and I'll do it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment